Rustic Figueroa Farmhouse spring wedding: Megan + Adam
Recall back in May when we wrote about Megan’s garden bridal shower? What a sweet day! The feature just so happened to be the day before her + Adam’s farmhouse wedding that they planned in 4.5 months after soaking up the excitement of his surprise proposal. Well Brumley & Wells‘ stunning photos from the big day are here. Thrilled we got to share so many of M + A’s big moments on 100lc!
They were able to pull it all off in less than 5 months since, working in the industry, Megan knew exactly what + who she wanted. And she made sure all of them were available by choosing a Thursday date.
Megan explains, When we were looking for a venue all we wanted was to say I Do in a big open field. The second we got to Figueroa we knew it was the place. We loved that our families could stay at the farmhouse with us, and we didn’t have to travel from one hotel to another. It felt more like a getaway/ celebration. We also loved that it was filled with antiques (Sweet and Saucy’s treats looked even more incredible—how is that possible—filled in the antiques) and loved the story of it being brought over from Tennessee years ago.
Aren’t these two stunning?
Courtney of Poppyjack calligraphed the pretty signage, but Megan + Leah of Beijos Events took one of her calligraphy workshops, so they took on the challenge of writing out the escort stones. Fab job!
Film below by Eric Frank Cinema, who these two raved about, with a peek at their first look, a friend singing at the ceremony, first dance (in the field, their fave memory!), dance party, and a billion other lovely moments…
Planning tips from Megan + Adam:
1. Expect your budget to triple. Like, for reals guys. You don’t realize how much things add up and THEN you don’t realize you need certain things like lighting the parking lot so your guests can find their cars afterwards in the pitch black country. It’s funny now, wasn’t so much then!
2. Hire a coordinator. I cannot stress this enough. I’m pretty sure Adam and I would have thrown it all out the window if it weren’t for Beijos. I didn’t worry about a single thing on the wedding day because I knew they were taking care of it. You don’t want to be out there setting up your centerpieces, you want to be getting ready and enjoying every second hanging out with your best friends.
3. Do a first look! I’m so happy we did a first look. I got to see Megan in her dress in a more personal, intimate setting and we were able to have time away from everyone and take it all in. That’s pretty hard to do when you’re up at the alter. It didn’t take away any emotions or feelings I had when I saw her walking down the aisle either. Plus we were able to get all of our photos done before the ceremony and really enjoy our time with our guests during cocktail hour. I can’t recommend a first look more. –Adam
4. Have a friend officiate. Our friend Israel was our officiant and he was amazing. He asked what kind of vibe we wanted the ceremony to be and I said “romantic comedy” and boy did he deliver. It was so personal and special having someone who knows us marry us.
5. Don’t feel like you have to do things just because they’re what people do at weddings. We chose not to have a bridal party because honestly, we didn’t need anyone standing up there with us and we wanted our friends to enjoy the day and not feel like they had to be carrying out bridal party duties. We had our best friends as our best man and maid of honor and they gave amazing speeches, I might add… Go with your gut and do what you want and what feels comfortable. It’s your wedding day, not your mom’s, not his mom’s, yours.
6. Have your wedding day filmed! I cannot recommend Eric Frank Cinema more. We were on the fence about even having our day on video but are SO happy we decided to have Eric + Richelle there filming. The video absolutely blew us away. I watch it at least once a week and I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it.
Congrats you two!
Photographer: Brumley & Wells / Videographer: Eric Frank Cinema / Venue: Figueroa Mountain Farmhouse in Santa Ynez, CA / Event Design & Planning: Beijos Events / Florist: Carissa of JL Designs / Hair: April Warford / Makeup: Wynter Binder / Invitations: Twinkle & Toast / Cake: Sweet and Saucy Shop / Catering: The Pairing Knife / Tabletop: Borrowed Blu / Chairs, Benches, & Bar: Classic Party Rentals / Tables & Corn Hole Sets: Against the Grain / Lighting: Bella Vista Designs / Mr & Mrs Signs: The Duo Studio / Calligrapher: Poppyjack / DJ: JP McLeod / Musician: Nick Shattuck / Bride’s Dress: Sarah Seven from Lovely Bride LA / Shoes: Betsey Johnson / Veil: A Stitch in Time / Engagement Ring: Custom Tacori from Icing on The Ring in LA / Bands: Icing on The Ring / Suit: Klein Epstein Parker / Shoes: Church’s / Bowtie: Hackett / Watch: Bride’s Grandfather’s