OK, how fun are these invites?! Marcus + Danielle’s photog Li of Fat Orange Cat Studio also happens to be incredibly talented in the calligraphy department (check out her lettering site) and when they found her they knew she was a perfect fit to capture the day and create these deets. Just wait till you see how they incorporated all these little pops of color into an elegant design that mStarr design brought to life at Gore Place near Boston:
On choosing a wedding photographer, Danielle tells it, I was looking online at real weddings in venues around the Boston area, and gravitated towards a couple weddings that Li had photographed. When I went to look at her website, that was sort of that! I pitched Fat Orange Cat Studio to Marcus and showed him Li’s work…and her love for animals. We were honestly sold, without even meeting her, because we knew she was the right fit for us. Li also happened to do our wedding invitations and she collaborated with Karli on the day of materials
They loved working with Revolution Cocktails on signature drinks during the planning process, which they named after their kitty and pup. And aren’t the illustrations by Karli Hendrickson adorbs?
And the pickles? They really wanted to include pickles in the day, and the team came up with the idea of a pickle bar + escort cards. Fun!
A few more of M + D’s fave wedding details…
• We handpicked the beer that was served, and chose 4 varieties from New England breweries that we love.
• We incorporated our pets into everything we could.
• The escort table was a pickle bar with some of our favorite pickled veggies.
• The almond milk bar! This was one of those things that Marcus let me run with because he knew it made me so happy. We have almond milk delivered to our home every week from Nectar & Green, and I was dying to incorporate it into our wedding in some way.
• We still think about our dessert table, and the incredible three tiered carrot cake that Jocelyn made for us.
• The dinner was catered by three of our favorite food trucks, Bon Me, Chicken & Rice Guys and Northeast of the Border.
So neat how they incorporated so many little parts of their lives together into the big day.
Danielle’s biggest planning secrets? Good bartenders, a day-of coordinator, and vendors that feel right to you are totally worth it. Go with your gut! And the groom’s? The choice of food trucks really helped them to make room in their budget for keeping their guest list to include all the people they wanted there the most.
Photographer: Fat Orange Cat Studio / Venue: Gore Place / Event Design, Styling, & Coordination: mStarr design / Floral Design: Luna Moss / Hair: Cathleen Foster / Makeup: Natalie Shafie / Invitations & Calligraphy: Li Wardian / Illustrations: Karli Hendrickson / Cake & Desserts: Mayflour Confections / Food Trucks: Bon Me, The Chicken & Rice Guys, Northeast of the Border / Almond Milk Bar: Nectar & Green / Mixology & Bar Service: Revolution Cocktails / Ceremony Music: Adi Mayer / DJ: DM productions / Rentals: borrowed BLU & Boston Rustic Wedding Rentals / Ribbon: Silk & Willow / Bride’s Dress: BHLDN / Shoes: Christian Louboutin / Bridesmaid Dresses: Anthropologie & BHLDN / Wedding Bands: Ore / Groom’s Attire: J. Crew / Groomsmen Attire: The Black Tux