If only every workday involved dressing up and trying on handfuls of yummy diamonds, right? Jillian never got to go shopping for her own sparkler (although her hubs did a pretty good job on his own!). So, we teamed up with Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company and spent the day on a little ring shopping adventure. When you think about it, it’s really not a bad idea to gather up your best gals and go ring shopping together. It’s the most fun way to educate yourself cuts and settings, and find a combination that fits your style perfectly. All in a day’s work!
Our first stop was SN Queens in the Downtown LA jewelry district. They specialize in beautiful handmade jewelry that is contemporary with a vintage feel. They also have a great range of styles from classic to vintage, and the prices are great! We had so much fun trying on all their brilliant baubles.
Let’s seeeeee…. which ring was our favorite? Maybe the cushion cut pink diamond? With little rose gold prongs in the pave setting. Yes. You all can probably agree!
SN Queens has a really nice assortment of diamonds from rose gold rough cut diamonds, platinum center cut diamonds, pear shaped diamonds and so much more.
Amanda’s style: Amanda’s dream ring would be the one with the big pink diamond. Because who can resist a big pink diamond?
Jillian’s style: Jillian went for the Art Deco-style ring (platinum center stone round diamond), which coincidentally has a similar feel to the ring her hubs picked out.
Jilly’s cutie skirt is by Ted Baker. Perfect spring-y addition to your wardrobe.
Kristina’s style: An unexpected platinum pear-shaped diamond feels perfect with Kristina’s relaxed, classic style.
Once you’re the proud owner of your dream diamond, you’ll want to know how to take proper care of it, right? Here are a few tips from our peeps at Jewelers Mutual:
- Get checkups. At least once a year, take your jewelry to a jeweler for inspection and cleaning. They’ll check for loose settings, faulty links, worn prongs, and other potential problems.
- Clean regularly. Clean your jewelry at home frequently to avoid dirt buildup that can increase wear. Your jeweler can give you a few tips on proper cleaning.
- Don’t wait. If you see a prong that’s loose, worn, or catches on fabric, it could lead to a lost diamond. Don’t want that, do you? Take the piece to your jeweler and have it checked stat.
- Store jewelry gently. Storing jewelry cluttered together can cause scratches. So when you’re not wearing your jewelry, place each item in a separate soft compartment or container. Think of it as an excuse to buy that cute jewelry box.
- Go easy. Diamonds are among the hardest materials on earth, but they can chip if struck at the right angle. Don’t risk a damaged engagement ring. For any potentially high-impact activity, store your ring safely on the sidelines.
And what would any trip to Downtown LA be without a stop at the famous Bottega Louie? Best French macarons for miles around.
When you have a rock this pretty on your finger, you definitely want to make sure it’s protected. Which is why it’s super important to have your ring insured. Many times homeowners insurance just simply isn’t enough for your new piece. Choosing an insurance company like Jewelers Mutual that has specialized in jewelry insurance for over 100 years can give you peace of mind. Their Perfect Circle® Jewelry Insurance offers comprehensive, worldwide protection for your most special pieces from loss, theft, damage, or even mysterious disappearance. More importantly- they strive to replace your piece with same kind and quality if a loss ever happens.
Learn more about jewelry insurance at PerfectCircleInsurance.com.
Photography: Scott Clark Photo & Leila Brewster Photographer / Hair & Makeup: Fiore Beauty / Jewelry Store: SN Queens / Cafe: Bottega Louie
*This post was sponsored by Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company, Neenah, Wisconsin. Coverage is subject to underwriting review and approval, and to policy terms and conditions.