Have you guys been enjoying beauty + wellness week so far? It’s nice after months of planning to be able to take a few moments for yourself. Perusing the internet for the loveliest bridal hairstyle is one of the more fun parts of planning too. Oh the possibilities! Certainly helps if you have a tutorial though, right? This “low updo” is one of those intricate-looking hairstyles that are actually quite simple to pull off. Hair + makeup artist Samantha Landis is here to show us how it’s done in these step-by-step snaps by Apryl Ann.
Low Twisted Updo
1. Curl hair with 1.5″ iron.
2. Take a small section of hair from the right side of the crown, twist and pin on the left.
3. Take another small section from the left side of the crown, twist and pin on the right.
4. Continue to alternate sides, twisting and pinning on the opposite side. Be sure to tuck in ends before pinning.
5. Once the back sections are pinned, move to the front, twist and pin back.
And how about a romantic bouquet + gown to complete the look?
Given that you alternate the twists all the way down, it would be easy to tweak for different lengths. Be sure to browse our hair + beauty section for more bridal hair tutorials.
Thanks to the gals below for the how-to!