Make that *everybody’s* favorite summer wine, right?! There’s something so lovely and luscious about a glass of peachy rosé on a warm evening, (or over lunch whilst gazing at the Mediterranean Sea). So what if you’re not in the South of France! Your mind-set is totally right there.
You’ve probably seen that gorgy photo above from Martha, ya? And this adorable print? We can’t get enough either.
So in celebration of this fine beverage, we thought we’d share a few bottles that we’ve had this year that you might like too. Some you can find at your local grocery store for under $10 and some fall into the special occasion category. But what is summer if not one big special occasion?
(You’ll have to forgive our descriptions… we don’t pretend to be wine experts of any sort!)
1. Commanderie de la Bargemone Provence – The lightest in color and crispest in flavor.
2. Domaines Ott – The gold standard for perfect, blushy color and delicious, drinkability. If you’ve never had it, come up with a reason to splurge!
3. Whispering Angel – Another very reliable, readily available option that doesn’t require quite such a generous wine budget. Sometimes it’s even on sale at Whole Foods.
4. Domaine St. Aix – A perennial favorite for it’s classic, bright flavor and color.
5. Domaine de Vaccelli Ajaccio Unu – A stunning rosé from Corsica. Much harder to find, but if you do get a chance to try the wines of this island region, we highly recommend it!
6. Artea Alpes De Haute Provence – Total grocery store find, perfect for weeknight drinking, and available at Whole Foods for $9!
7. Hudson Bellamy – Would you blame us for buying this bottle just for the label? Quite a nasty habit we’ve picked up over the years. The actual wine didn’t disappoint either.
8. 90+ Cellars – Another great weeknight drinker, and generally sold for under $10.
And for another divine idea, try ordering a mixed case of bottles so that you can get to know this beautiful wine from a connoisseur’s perspective. Perfect excuse for a lil’ end of summer party this month. (An everyday selection available here.) Or if you’re in a hurry to pick some up for the weekend, don’t be afraid to pop into your local wine store. A good recommendation makes all the difference.