The sweetest Palm Springs family Vow Renewal at The Sands
Christina and Francisco’s story is too good, so let’s dive in: Sands Hotel & Spa, just outside of Palm Springs is the prettiest pink wedding venue that we love seeing all decked out for an intimate vow renewal. (Theirs had 20 guests, so it totally proves just how beautiful and detailed a micro wedding or elopement can be!) Having originally tied the knot in a small, spontaneous Malibu beach wedding (we know, cute), the idea of a vow renewal was always on the table… But life gets busy, you know?
SO. After 15 years together, three kiddos, and a thriving wedding biz (check out Union Booth), it was *finally* time to make it happen. Courtney of After The Engagement created a magical Palm Springs inspired desert oasis, which was captured in the most stunning of ways by Let’s Frolic Together. Prepare to fall in love… and be sure to check out Christina’s solid vow renewal advice at the end!
A few notes from the crew at Let’s Frolic Together: With the desire to create something really special for this amazing family, our vendor team collaborated on some creative ideas that all stemmed from an earth-conscious place. So After The Engagement and florist The Lavender Rose came up with the idea of focusing on dried flowers as the primary component of the decor. We loved Christina’s modern ruffled dress from Lulus and fab jewelry from Marrowfine, loved Cisco’s bold green suit from Friar Tux, loved their amazing Brixton hats (these came straight from their regular daily collection), loved their dear friend who painted an onsite portrait of them during the events, loved the colorful paletas as dessert on such a hot desert day, loved the chic Moroccan and bohemian touches of the Sands Hotel that we enhanced with some perfect rentals from Planks & Patina, not to mention Sands’ amazing food, drinks, and darling pink space.
Naturally we had to include alllll the pretty pics of this spectacular PINK venue!
Christina scored a perfectly chic Lulu’s dress to accessorize with her nude hat and shoes.
Here’s a little peek of the work of art their live painter dreamt up… Keep on scrolling to see the finished piece on display at the reception!
Our three children (13, 7, and 4) were great sports, willing to get out of the pool for photos, the ceremony, and reception. We didn’t ask more of them—ha! They were stoked on the cake by Over The Rainbow Desserts and swimming. Because, kids. They talk about “the wedding” all the time, which really makes it feel like a family moment that is meaningful and memorable to them as well.
Their abstract art from Brian Hebets and floral backdrop are a match made in heaven for the Olive Grove at Sands, where the ceremony was held. Pssstt… Yes, we *did* pop on over to the venue’s event page to confirm that they can not only accommodate intimate weddings and vow renewals, but weddings up to 180 guests as well. Eeeee!
A bohemian sweetheart table adorned entirely in candles? Dig it.
Their story… We met while waiting in line to get inside a busy bar on a frigid winter night in Minneapolis (single digit temps!). In true 2002 fashion, he gave me his phone number on a napkin, which I still have… I called him 5 days later, and the rest is history.
Film by Pretty Branch.
Our bride’s vow renewal planning tips:
• Write your own vows, and work with an officiant who will make the ceremony special and unique. We worked with Bethel Nathan, who crafted a most beautiful ceremony which included a burning/release ceremony, and loads of details and bits about our relationship.
• A great planner can handle the details, so you can enjoy your renewal. Courtney of After The Engagement pulled together a remarkable team of professionals who made the day feel so much more special than our tiny original wedding. As a usual type A + oldest child, I’m not accustomed to this, but it was absolutely wonderful to let Courtney do what she does best!
• It’s absolutely worthwhile to re-commit your marriage. For us, it has brought us even closer together and is a day that we’ll never forget.
• Wear white if you want to! I didn’t wear it the first time around, and I love the Lulu’s dress that I wore. It was different from anything I’ve worn before and it felt right.
• Photo and video are important even for a small event. We will treasure these and it will be so special to share with our grandchildren someday.
Such a beautiful vow renewal celebration!
Photography: Let’s Frolic Together / Videographer: Pretty Branch / Venue: Sands Hotel & Spa in Palm Springs / Planner: After The Engagement / Florals: The Lavender Rose / Hair: Chelsea Layton of Chelsea Nicole Salon / Makeup: Nancy Andrade Artistry / Popsicles: La Michoacana / Cake: Over The Rainbow Desserts / Handmade Details & Programs: Bride, Christina Chairez / Calligraphy: Dixie On Dallas / Officiant: Ceremonies By Bethel / Photobooth: Union Booth / Rentals: Planks & Patina & Signature Party Rentals / Live Portrait Artist: Taylor Gallegos Fine Art / Installation Art Paintings: Brian Hebets / Dress: Lulu’s ‘So Amazed’ / Jewelry: Marrow Fine / Hats: Brixton Hats / Tux: Friar Tux