July’s almost over, but fall is still far from on the mind. Especially when a few delish summer spirits pop up in the 100lc inbox, like these drinks from Naomi Pak, complete with fresh fruit syrups and sweet styling by Lindsey Zamora.
Naomi says, We love the idea of making homemade simple syrups with the beautiful, ripe fruits available in the warmer months. You can use this syrup to make drinks and cocktails that are perfect for entertaining this summer.
More photos by Elisabeth Carol Photography below…
2 cups fruit juice (We used a mix of white peach, raspberry, grapefruit, and lime)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
Topo Chico or any sparkling water
mint, extra fruit for garnish
To make the syrup:
1. Choose any variety of fruit that are in season and ripe.
2. Clean fruit and cut up into small pieces, removing rinds and seeds where necessary.
3. Purée fruit in blender then pour mixture through a fine mesh sieve, yielding two cups of juice.
4. Combine juice, water and sugar in a stockpot and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the syrup has thickened.
5. Let the syrup cool completely, then store in the refrigerator.
To make the cocktail:
For the cocktail, combine 2 parts syrup, to one part water and one part vodka, with a splash of lime. Garnish with mint or extra fruit.
Fill a glass halfway with ice, then top off 3 oz. of syrup with 5 oz. of sparkling water.
Here’s to summer!