You wanna know why we love party hats, Cakies? You put on a party hat and you can’t help but feel festive. Plus they make for some way cute Instagram ops (#adorbs). But today we’re sharing a little something from Cambria Grace Photography that goes beyond any party hats we’ve ever seen before. For this DIY, Pollen Floral Design and Lauren Wells Events fashioned party hats out of natural-colored cardboard and the most stunning fresh blooms. Just gorgeous.
Check out the tutorial below, and then after you do that, pop on over to our sister site, Cakelet, to see the equally adorable confetti party hat DIY that we’re sharing today. Now here’s Pollen Floral Design with the step-by-step instructions…
– party hats
– hot glue gun
– fresh flowers
1. Assemble the party hat. (To achieve a natural cardboard look as shown in our photos, we bought party store hats and just turned them inside out).
2. Clip off all flower stems, so only flower heads remain.
3. Using the hot glue gun, place a dollop of glue on a flower head, and then place the flower on the hat.
4. Use a mixture of smaller blooms to fill in the spaces between the larger flowers.
5. Flowers will begin to wilt quickly after your hat is assembled. You can place your hat in the refrigerator to help them last longer. For best results, make your hat an hour or two before you plan to wear it.