It’s the weekend after Valentine’s Day, so we know a lot of you are giddy & newly engaged. Congrats! Now that you’re engaged, shall we chat about all the fun stuff to come… like registering for a dreamy honeymoon? Mmhmm. Forget about registering for all those kitchen appliances (you probably have enough already), and set up a honeymoon registry with Traveler’s Joy. Register for activities, experiences, and other items related to your first travel experience as a married couple!
What we love most about Traveler’s Joy:
1) Real Member Stories: Each year thousands of couples send in their honeymoon stories and photos. With over 400 stories on the site, the Real Honeymoon Stories section is the perfect resource for couples planning their dream honeymoon.
2) Instant Registry: A complete registry in just minutes! When setting up a registry you can choose from a list of 50 theme based (think beach, cruise, or mountains) or location specific (think Italy or St. Lucia) item lists. With one-click items and experiences are added to your registry.
3) Group Gifting: It’s easy to divide the cost of expensive items into manageable portions. A private sunset sailboat trip that costs $500 can be split into 5 $100 gifts (or gifts of any size). Since there are many honeymoon items that can be very expensive, almost all couples use this feature in some way.
4) Partnerships & History: They’re Featured Registry Partners with WeddingChannel.com, The Knot, and WeddingWire. They’re also proud members of the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program (since 2006). Many (many) companies in the “honeymoon” wedding registry marketplace have come and gone in the 8 years Traveler’s Joy has been around – and they fully expect to outlive many more!
5) Physical Items: Couples are registering for increasing numbers of “accessory” items related to their honeymoon. Some examples include travel guidebooks, cameras, video-cameras, luggage, snorkeling gear, and even newlywed flip flops.
6) Honeymoon Tipster: This one-on-one service helps you decide where to stay after you’ve selected your honeymoon destination. After consulting with you over email and phone to learn more about your specific interests, a freelance travel writer from their team (each focuses on a particular part of the world) writes a personalized and detailed report on the area you intend to travel to.
7) Special Offer: Traveler’s Joy is giving away $5,000 toward a honeymoon or first anniversary trip to one lucky couple that signs up with Traveler’s Joy between January 1, 2013 and April 30, 2013. The winner will be notified on May 8, 2013. Official Rules.