Ah, Fridays in June, can you beat ’em? Not only are all these bridal shower photos AshGabes Photography shared totally pin-worthy, but the brains behind this fun tiki theme, Novelty Events, is sharing 10 ways to pull it off yourself. The neat thing is, it’s all about celebrating your best pals by showering them with tons of love. Not to mention there are two tasty cocktail recipes at the end to scoop up as well. Shall we?
The concept behind the shoot was to plan a festive bridal shower aimed at celebrating the friends that make up your Bride Tribe. Perfect for spring and summer brides looking to do a little something for their loyal crew. The first step? Start with the invitations to build excitement. These embossed acrylic invites by Jasmin Michelle Designs have touches of tropical foliage to set the tone. Novelty Events has 9 more tips below:
2. Location. Pick a place that is not only laidback but lush and full of natural greenery to create that tropical tiki backdrop.
3. Florals. Don’t be afraid to go for lots of bright colors! Be sure to incorporate palms, elephants ear, and some proteas like Haystack Florals did.
4. Drinks. A tiki themed bride tribe party wouldn’t be complete without some tiki style tropical drinks. Pick a colorful concoction with garnishes like grilled bananas and orchids. Have a least two different types and be sure to give them fun names like “Tiki Dreams” or “Island Bride”.
5. Seating. No one wants to sit in a stiff chair drinking a tropical cocktail. Use lots of rugs and cushions with an ultra modern low table for a relaxed and casual atmosphere. Create areas where guests can lounge and catch up with each other.
(Don’t worry, we’ve got the recipes for these tiki cocktails from Snake Oil Cocktail Company at the end of the post!)
6. Food. Stay away from the old standby of deli sandwiches and a fruit tray. Go for something bite size with a nod to island fair. Presenting the food on a bamboo tray or some banana leaves will just make those cute bite sized morsels taste even better!
7. Cake. Go for a fun filling like passionfruit and decorate the cake with orchids and a halved coconut for that extra special touch.
8. Details. What is a tiki party without fruit? Be sure to incorporate a tropical fruit into your tablescape or bar area like mangos, coconuts, or pineapples.
9. Gifts. Want to get something special for your lovely ladies? Stay away from the old standby of jewelry and get them some luxurious tropical robes!
10. Don’t forget to have fun! Break out the hula hoops and let loose!
Tiki Inspired Bridal Shower Cocktails
• 1.25 oz. strawberry infused vodka
• .75 oz. fresh lemon juice
• .75 oz. Aperol
• .75 oz. simple syrup
• 1/2 banana
• 1 egg white
Smash up 1/2 banana in a mixing tin. Add all remaining ingredients. Shake hard with ice to emulsify egg white. Strain through a tea strainer in a coupe glass. Garnish with a caramelized banana slice.
• 1.5 oz. vanilla bean infused vodka
• 2 oz. fresh pressed tangerine juice
• 1 tsp. fresh pressed lime juice
• 1 oz. almond orgeat
Add all ingredients to a mixing tin. Shake with ice and strain over fresh ice in a highball or tulip glass. Garnish with fresh fruit and a tiki umbrella.
YUM! Big thanks to the crew below for sharing all of these tiki party tips!
Photographer: AshGabes Photography / Second Shooter: Will Leferve / Venue: Private Residence / Coordination & Design: Novelty Events / Florist: Haystack Florals / Hair & Makeup: Glamarazzi Brides / Invitations: Jasmin Michelle Designs / Calligraphy: Nancy of Little Chalk Shop / Cake: Three 50 Bakes / Food: Waters Catering / Bar: Snake Oil Cocktail Company / Furniture Rentals: Jake Duke Rentals / Robes: Plum Pretty Sugar