Because Alison was nice enough to give us one of her pretty new books as part of our DIY contest prize, we thought we’d take a second and share some of her events, her tips, and a little about the girl behind the company.
1. Dress up existing lounges/furniture by throwing linens on them for a splash of color.
2. Have fun with your wedding shoes and pick a sassy color.
3. Take photos in unexpected places.
4. Candle light, candle light, candle light.
5. Arrive by boat. (if you’re near a body of water, of course)
6. Make your own unique, themed table numbers.
7. Let your personalities show in your invite.
And a few things you never would have guessed about Alison:
“I have a 1969 honda cb350 motorcycle. I own 20 pairs of flipflops and sandals. I lived in New Zealand for a year in college. I won 4th place in a border cross snowboard competition in Australia in college. I did an Japanese emersion program for a year in high school where we studied the language, history and culture for a year and then went to Japan for three weeks and lived with a family. I had dreadlocks for two seconds until my grandmother paid me to cut them out. Oh and I am a Daughter of the American Revolution, my ancestor was Govenor Bradford who came over on the Mayflower.”
See, wedding planners are people too!