Now that we’ve got tropical drinks, crisp blue water, and swimsuits on the mind (thanks to Amanda’s French Polynesia honeymoon), we figured we’d shop around to steal some of her style. Summer is just right around the corner anyways, so we’re totes going to stock up on some of these getaway ready fashion beauties…
After all the excitement of our wedding (which you can see here, here and here), Tim and I had a few days together as newlyweds and were off on the trip of a lifetime…our honeymoon! Katie from Ever After Honeymoons planned a spectacular vacation for us to kick off our marriage in the best way. Looking out at beautiful turquoise water in two of the islands of French Polynesia, oh yes!
Warning: you may have the sudden urge to immediately purchase tickets to these destinations, unbeknownst to your partner, before you reach the end of this post!
We took a flight to Tahiti where we boarded a small plane, got on a boat and sped off to a little island called Taha’a, where Tahitian vanilla beans grow a-plenty. Our destination was the beautiful resort Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa. We settled into our beach villa and explored our dreamy and vanilla-scented surroundings.
The villas are romantic little huts with bamboo walls, palapa roofs and nicely furnished inside. We felt like islanders living a plush life.
I mean, really.. that bed?! This is what we arrived to. A decorated bed with flowers and a soft breeze wafting through the room. Pure bliss! They sure knew how to welcome a guest.
After settling in we ate, swam, snorkeled and sipped tropical juices. We slept in, threw on swimsuits and sauntered in crystal clear water all day. Lazy was the name of the game. There were plenty of times we thought this was all a dream, but alas it was not.
Thousands of couples are choosing to create their wedding & honeymoon registries with Wanderable for good reason. They’ve got more than 28 designer themes, four different layouts, and you can even choose your own custom link! Just check out some of the samples they have here and you’ll see how much fun you can have creating a site with all the things you love and for the honeymoon and memories your guests can buy for you.
Wanderable has also added these new features to their site:
1. A new Wanderable iPhone app that makes it super easy for you to send “Thank You” cards to23q wedding guests.
2. Wrapped gifts that the guests can take to the wedding.
3. Lot more new designs & the ability to customize your honeymoon registry with your pictures.
Pop over to Wanderable and give it a little spin!
First off, congratulations to everyone starting off 2013 as a newly engaged couple. We can just feel your excitement now. Now the fun part begins! The planning, yes, but even better than that, your honeymoon! It’s going to be the first vacation you take with your new sweetie and it’s never been easier to plan for it. The honeymoon registry with Traveler’s Joy allows you to register for activities, experiences, and other items related to your honeymoon. Skip the blender and register for the trip of a lifetime!
Why we love Traveler’s Joy:
1) Real Member Stories: Thousands of couples send in their honeymoon stories and photos. With over 400 stories on the site now, the Real Honeymoon Stories section is a fantastic resource for couples planning their dream honeymoon.
2) Instant Registry: You can complete a registry in just minutes and choose from a list of 50 theme based (think beach, cruise, or mountains) or location specific (think Italy or St. Lucia) item lists. You can edit or delete any item at any time and also add plenty more as you think of them.
3) Group Gifting: It’s easy to divide the cost of expensive items into manageable portions. A camera that costs $1,000 can be split into 5 $200 gifts (or gifts of any size).
4) Partnerships & History: Traveler’s Joy has been in business since 2004 and has served over 100,000 members. They’re Featured Registry Partners with WeddingChannel.com, The Knot, and WeddingWire. They’re also proud members of the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program (since 2006).
5) Physical Items: You can also register for “accessory” items related to your honeymoon like travel guidebooks, cameras, video-cameras, luggage, and snorkeling gear.
6) Honeymoon Tipster: This one-on-one service helps you to decide where to stay after you’ve select your honeymoon destination. After consulting with you over email and phone to learn more about your interests, a freelance travel writer from their team (each focuses on a particular part of the world) writes a personalized and detailed report on the area you intend to travel to.
7) Special Offer: Traveler’s Joy is giving away $5,000 toward a honeymoon or first anniversary trip to one lucky couple that signs up with Traveler’s Joy between January 1, 2013 and April 30, 2013. The winner will be notified on May 8, 2013.
Destination wedding bound cakelets, we’ve found an amazing resource for you. It’s called FlipKey. They help find & book vacation rentals from all over the world. And with more space than a hotel, vacation rentals are such a great option for getting ready on your big day. You can even use a vaca rental to accommodate your entire wedding party, have it double as your venue, and as lodging (for everyone) for the weekend!
With over 160,000 vacation rentals worldwide, FlipKey definitely has something for everyone. From French castles to remote tree houses in Nicaragua (yes, please!).
FlipKey has won awards from Travel & Leisure, Sunset Magazine, New York Post and others by delivering the easiest and happiest vacation rental experience on the web… so you know they know what they’re talking about! We love that vacation rentals are such a cost effective way to travel – typically costing much less per person than a hotel room. Plus, imagine the drop-dead gorgeous photos you’ll have from your wedding if you book a rental in one of the above locations! Stun-ning.
Hop over to FlipKey now to see what’s available in your top destination spot!
|This post is sponsored by FlipKey.|