5 tips for a tropical bachelorette party in Palm Springs
Is it really July if we haven’t had a fun Palm Springs getaway here on the blog? Nope, don’t think so, which is why we penciled in this fun tropical bachelorette party captured by Makenna Devey for ya this week. If you’ve been wondering how to pull off an epic destination bachelorette party or even just a long weekend getaway with friends who appreciate a fun theme, you’ll want to scoop up the tips Laura of Perfectly Poised Events shared below… Don’t forget all the decor!
The team set up shop at the most stylish Airbnb, The Harlow House in Palm Springs.
1. Waiting till the last minute—don’t do it! Not only will this hurt your chances for staying at that super cute Airbnb you’ve had your eyes on, but it is much more likely for your guests to have schedule conflicts making it nearly impossible to agree on a date let alone an entire weekend. Start planning at least 6 months before your wedding date and secure accommodations.
2. Decide just how “wild” this soiree will be. Will you have a lingerie gift exchange and men in animal print skivvies dropping it like it’s hot, or will it be a mellow alcohol infused weekend with the occasional karaoke? Try to stay in line with this decision and keep uncomfortable surprises to a minimum.
Huge fan of this celebratory cake by Geneva Stone over here!
3. Plan some fun activities for the group while focusing on your guest of honor’s faves. We suggest dedicating a full day to relaxation and another to making ridiculous memories out on the town. Here are some ideas for both: Yoga, Shopping, Pool Party, Spa Services, Hiking, Workshops, Pub Crawls & Dancing. Don’t forget to ask about bachelorette perks and group specials.
Coordinating a few outfits never hurts, either…
4. Pre-determine how you will get from point A to point B—all the way to Point F and everywhere in between. Keep things easy and more importantly safe by looking into Uber, Lyft or local taxi services. By pre-booking these reservations you will beat the crowds and avoid transportation stress on the day.
5. Add some flare! This is the perfect excuse to bring those Pinterest Boards to life! Whether it be vintage disco, boho-chic, fiesta, tropical flamingle, etc—have some fun with the decor and let your creativity shine. One of our favorite things to put together are custom bachelorette survival kits consisting of mini champagne bottles, yummy snacks, sunnies, matching shirts or hats, and aspirin for that wild night out 😉
Cakies, be sure to pass these bachelorette party tips along to all your engaged pals! Thanks to Laura + the talented team below for inspiring our warm summer days!
Photography: Makenna Devey Photography / Venue: The Harlow House in Palm Springs, CA / Planning & Design: Perfectly Poised Events / Floral Design: Foraged and Fern / Hair & Makeup: Hair & Makeup by Sydney / Calligraphy & Signage: Double Dipped Calligraphy / Cake: Geneva Stone / Champagne: One Hope Wine / Custom Catering: New Food Tuesdayz