San Francisco City Hall elopement: Sarah + Jack
Cakies, meet Sarah + Jack. They aren’t afraid to make their own traditions, which is why their city hall wedding was so perfect. Sarah hadn’t ever really envisioned her wedding, so when it came to planning they didn’t do a single thing according to convention. Their wedding rules? It had to be an adventure, it had to be intimate (four guests to be exact), and it had to be in nature. San Francisco is one of their fave cities, and getting to tie the knot at City Hall and exchange vows across the Golden Gate Bridge in Muir Woods took care of all three. Thanks to M.K. Sadler for sharing the photos!
PS Don’t forget to check out the film at the end, S + J documented the whole day themselves.
Sarah has worked with tons of talented makeup artists in the past, but when it came to the wedding she decided to take it on herself so that she’d feel completely comfortable and natural. Good plan!
On the flowers, Sarah says, I picked a few meaningful beauties for my bouquet at the Bi-Rite the day before our wedding. San Francisco Pride was happening and there was so much happiness and positivity walking around the windy sun-soaked streets. I loved my bouquet that much more because of the experience of making it.
Aren’t all these city hall shots stunning?
As mentioned, they headed to Muir Woods to exchange their vows…
A few highlights of the day, c/o our bride…
• Getting up early and leaving a surprise gift by Jack’s hotel room.
• Walking out of the Palace Hotel doors and seeing a vintage car that Jack surprised me and my mother with, and how strange it was that the ride to City Hall was simultaneously calming and exciting.
• Seeing all the other Brides and Grooms also dressed for their weddings was joyful.
• Making the ‘Just Married’ sign together in the backseat while driving across the Golden Gate Bridge after we were just married.
• Listening to the loving words of our four close guests. We did a ring blessing, so each guest held our rings and talked about what they love about our relationship and what they hoped for our marriage. We ended the ring blessing by hearing each other’s vows for the first time under the canopy of giant redwoods.
Lastly, they celebrated with a reception dinner back in the city at Foreign Cinema.
And the film? Sarah’s a producer + filmmaker, and Jack is a creative director. They always shoot video of each other on all their adventures, so naturally they had to do it on their wedding day too!
Congrats to Sarah + Jack!
Photographer: M.K. Sadler / Venue & Location: San Francisco City Hall, Golden Gate Bridge and Muir Woods / Reception Dinner: Foreign Cinema / Planning & Videography: Bride & Groom / Flowers: Bi-Rite Market / Centerpieces: Natalie Bowen Designs / Hair & Makeup: Bride / Naked Tres Leches Cake: Tartine Bakery / Bride’s Dress: Modern Trousseau from Kelly’s Closet / Flats: Steve Madden / Halo: BHLDN / Ear Cuffs: Kate Spade / Engagement Ring: Tiffany & Co / Wedding Band: Erica Weiner / Groom’s Suit: J. Crew Ludlow tailored by Sid Mashburn