When planning a honeymoon or romantic vacay it’s easy to think that you have to go with whatever hotel options are right in front of you. Especially when you’re busy planning flights and activities too. But where you stay truly makes ALL the difference. If you haven’t considered going the non-hotel route, HomeAway has a few convincing reasons why you might want to, not to mention 10 spectacular honeymoon rentals from some of the most gorg destinations around the globe. Did we mention there’s a giveaway? See below!
1.St. Barts / Starting at $477 per night / 1 bedroom sleeps 2
HomeAway offers up twice the space at half the price of a hotel room. Vacation rentals generally offer a far superior value than hotel rooms, not to mention more space and privacy. They’re equipped with lots of amenities you’d want while traveling, like kitchens, private pools, washers and dryers, etc.
2. St. John / Starting at $407 per night / 1 bedroom sleeps 2
Fun fact: the average rental home is 1850 square feet… So, like six times the average hotel room size.
3. Barbados / Starting at $240 per night / 1 bedroom sleeps 2
4. Key West, Florida / Starting at $247 per night / 2 bedroom sleeps 4
Another reason to choose a vacation rental is that you experience your destination like a local. That is so so important, especially considering that you only have a honeymoon once.
5. Cozumel / Starting at $202 per night / 2 bedroom sleeps 4
You might think that hotels are more convenient, but you can book vacation rentals just as easily with a credit card—just make sure it’s a reputable site like HomeAway.com.
6. Thiras, Greece / Starting at $327 per night / 1 bedroom sleeps 2 (Ah, Greece!)
7. Umbria, Italy / Starting at $400 per night / 3 bedroom sleeps 8
One of the biggest reasons to choose a vacation rental is that you can actually talk to the owner directly about your trip and any concerns. They also have different payment + cancellation policies than hotels. Plus, in talking to a homeowner, you get access to someone with a wealth of local knowledge. Owners generally have great tips and reccs, so be sure to ask when booking!
8. Hilo, Hawaii / Starting at $365 per night / 3 bedroom sleeps 6 (family vacay, anyone?)
9. Puerto Vallarta / Starting at $217 per night / 1 bedroom sleeps 4
10. Phuket, Thailand / Starting at $325 per night / 2 bedroom sleeps 5
Oh, and this is just ten of the options out of the million listings HomeAway has in 190 countries!
As mentioned, HomeAway is offering up a mega giveaway. One lucky couple will win a 5-night stay (and three extra, exclusive prizes!) at a luxury St. Thomas villa. Yep, that includes the accommodations, airfare, a spa package, and more. Click here to enter the Storybook Sweepstakes. Good luck, Cakies!
Doesn’t thinking of getaways like this just totally make your day?