Lemon & Lavender workshop by Lauren Wells Events
Get out your ribbons and flowers, crafty gals, ‘cause we’ve got not one, but two DIYs to share today. Design experts Lauren of Lauren Wells Events + Krissy of Pollen Floral Design met up in Boston to host a day of sipping lavender soda + snacking on lemon treats, and they taught everyone how to make a DIY salt scrub as well as pretty floral bracelets. Now, they’re showing you, too.
Thanks to Henry + Mac for the photos below:
Let’s try our hand at this DIY scrub, shall we?
Lemon and Lavender Salt Scrub DIY
Materials: coarse salt, fine salt, almond oil, lavender buds, whole lemon, grater, spoon, 16 oz. Weck jar
1) Combine 1 cup fine salt with 1 cup coarse salt
2) Add in as much lavender as you wish
3) Add in the zest of one whole lemon
4) Stir in a 1/3-1/2 cup of almond oil, depending on how dry you want the scrub
5) Go try it in the shower, or give as a gift!
A little lemon popcorn to munch on… Um, yum.
Now to make this amaze floral bracelet…
Floral Bracelet DIY
Materials: ribbon, flowers, hot glue gun, scissors
1) Cut ribbon to size, and snip stems off flowers
2) Place flower heads where you want them, and use the glue gun to secure
3) Tie bracelet on, and enjoy your arm candy!
Lauren says, It was a wonderful event, and it smelled AMAZING.
BRB while we go get our craft on, thanks to the team below:
Photographer: Henry + Mac / Venue: Brite Space Boston / Event Design, Styling and Salt Scrub DIY: Lauren Wells Events / Floral Design and Floral Bracelet DIY: Pollen Floral Design / Lemon Cookies and Lavender Sodas: South End Buttery