Erika + Tim live in NYC, but there was no question that they would tie the knot in Cali, where Erika grew up. Especially when they laid eyes on the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa… (Srsly, that place is paradise.) And even from afar, Erika + Tim were involved in every little detail of the planning process, from scouring flea markets for décor to researching local Ojai goodies to fill their favor bags. How nice of Clayton Austin and Orange Dove Events to drop this little bit of pretty in our inbox!
Erika’s elegant and rustic bouquet recipe: peonies, garden roses, dahlias, hydrangeas, and freesias.
Erika says, I think the door that we were married in front of perfectly encapsulates our style. Tim has an affinity for old doors and I am obsessed with flowers. Our florist did an amazing bringing our ceremony backdrop to life and beautifying a masculine object.
As much as we both could not wait to dance and party at the reception, ultimately the most significant part of the wedding was the ceremony and declaring our commitment and love in front of our friends and family.
And a few tips from the bride:
1. You will start 100 conversations you will never finish, don’t feel bad about it.
2. You and your wedding coordinator should come up with a detailed schedule for the wedding weekend to pass along to family and the wedding party, that way in the midst of your wedding weekend you don’t need to worry about tracking down people.
3. If a problem comes up, delegate to your wedding planner.
4. When you are taking photos have someone handy with a bottle of water for you because you will get really dehydrated.
5. Have someone with you that has deodorant, oil blotters, powder, chapstick and your lip gloss to reapply. You can leave it in the bathroom in a bag but at some point you’ll want to freshen up.
6. Dance your face off and let loose.
7. Do not forget to add tax and gratuity into your budget, it can make a HUGE difference.
8. Do not feel bad about mentioning if something isn’t to your liking. You are spending a lot of money to create a magical day so do not feel like you are hurting someone’s feeling if you don’t like they tent layout or flowers.
9. Make sure you or your wedding planner confirm everything with your vendors in writing, that way you can always reference things you’ve agreed to.
10. Do not feel bad negotiating with vendors!
Photographer: Clayton Austin / Venue, Catering, & Cake: Ojai Valley Inn and Spa Herb Garden / Event Coordination & Design: Dana Gabriel from Orange Dove Events / Hair & Makeup: The Studio Agency / Florist: Wendy Smith of Your Image Floral / Invitation Designer: Minted / Rentals: Town & Country / Band: N’Demand / Bride’s Dress: Selia Yang / Shoes: J.Crew / Veil & Hair Comb: BHDLN / Groom’s Suit: J.Crew / Shoes: Allen Edmonds / Ring Bearer’s Outfit: Gap Kids