Today we interrupt our usual schedule of wedding and engagement programming to bring you all a little hair tutorial. You know, just to keep things fresh! We adore this chic and easy twist on the low ponytail that Apryl Ann Photography and Beauty and the Blush created. Especially for those hot and sticky summer months, when you want to keep your hair out of your face and off the nape of your neck.
We’ll let these guys take it from here with the step-by-step…
1. Spray hair all over with a texturizer to create volume and use hands to lift at the crown of the head. We used Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray.
2. Divide hair down the middle into two sections, clipping the left side up and out of the way. Don’t worry about the part or sections being perfectly even.
3. Smooth out the right side. Cross over to the left and twist under. Secure the twist with jumbo bobby pins (between 4-5, depending on hair thickness).
4. Release the left side of hair. Use a light hairspray close to the crown of the head to create volume and tame flyaways.
5. Smooth out the left side, fold over the right while twisting under, overlapping the first twist. Use hairpins (4-5) to secure the left side of hair on top of the right.
6. Tease loose hair with a coarse-bristle back comb.
7. Use a pick comb to lift and pull hair from the root to create a bit of mess and volume. Leave a few pieces out around the face and ears for an effortless-cool style.
8. Spray all over with hairspray to hold in place.