The A-list: Pastry chef, Sweet & Saucy Shop
Tell us 5 things you love about weddings?
1. Working with such amazing vendors in the wedding industry
2. Seeing a wedding come to life when I delivery on their wedding day
3. I love that there is always something new…it never stays the same for too long
4. Getting a card from the bride & groom telling us how much they loved their desserts & cake
5. I love that this day will be a lasting memory for them for the rest of their lives.
Favorite wedding trend of the moment? Wedding trend you’d love to see disappear forever?
I absolutely love bold pops of color right now. I love the clean, modern looks that have some intricate details to them. I’m never really over a certain trend as long as they do the trend right…it still looks good.
Do you have a favorite song/band/style of music? Does it define or help shape your work?
I actually like a smorgasbord of music…my favorites right now are Adele, Lady Antebellum, & Nicole Nordeman. I would say it helps me calm down when I’m stressed & hopefully helps me decorate my cakes better.
Is there an artist/designer/generally creative person in a totally different field who inspires you?
I love all dress designers! I get so much inspiration from everyday clothing…every week I love looking at People & US Magazine to see the new designs people are wearing.
If you weren’t a pastry chef, what would you be?
I actually went to school to be an elementary school teacher and even assistant taught in a couple schools, so that is probably what I’d be doing.
Favorite summer food?
My favorite summer food is at True Foods in Newport Beach…an Heirloom Tomato & Watermelon Salad w/Goat Cheese & Walnuts…yummy!