Jillian recently had the ridiculous good fortune to take a trip up to Buttermilk Falls Inn to scope out the venue and experience an event on location, courtesy of Elan Artists. Based on the photos, it’s safe to say that this place is definitely one to explore if you’re planning to be married in the Hudson Valley.
Gorgeous, no? Jilly gets to have all the fun, being our NYC branch.
Photos: Elan’s New York, national, destination, wedding, and event photographers – Mel Barlow, Carlos Andres Varela, Allen Zapeda
Venue: Buttermilk Falls Inn
Transportation: Go Brilliant
Food: Oliver Kita and Cobblestone Foods
Entertainment: Elan Artists musicians – La Femme Classique, La Vida Con Fuego, and Loukoum
Design: Matthew Robbins
Next up in our guest tote series: Palm Springs, where the sun is always shining, the cocktails are always flowing, and you can get a great deal on gorgeous, modern furniture at the DWR Annex.
1. Vintage Palm Springs postcards for your welcome note. Find them on ebay, at flea markets, or order repros from Cafe Press.
2. Knock off Wayfarers! Or any cheap, fun sunglasses. Try Venice Beach or Santee Alley if you’re in LA.
3. DIY Martini kit for 2 (including the Advil).
4. Palm Springs Maptote
5. Lattes at Koffi (or a little gift card for the morning after the wedding)
6. Dates from Flying Disc Ranch, whose fruit you can find at farmer’s markets and by mail order.
7. And tangerines or oranges from the farmer’s market on Thursday night (if you’re in town early).
8. Passes for the Aerial Tramway
9. Sunscreen, obvs.
10. Pool towels. These Amy Butler designs from Bed Bath & Beyond are pretty cute.
A pretty Brisbane wedding for Tuesday, full of Etsy vendors and pretty flowers and lovely Australian accents, no doubt.
Flower girls in tutus are always pretty cute.
That placecard copy is definitely one for the archives. So cute.
Congrats, Amber and Damien! Pretty pretty.
Photography: Jonas Peterson / Ceremony venue: St. Anne’s Catholic Church Brisbane / Reception venue: Baguette Bar & Bistro / Dress: MXM Couture / Flowers: Alba Roses / Flower girl’s outfits: Etsy vendor Tiara’s Tutus