Wedding inspiration: The Ace Hotel Palm Springs
The Ace Hotel in Palm Springs is pretty rad. It’s funky and fun and stylish and has a single mission of ensuring that it’s guests have a really good time. The design details are excellent, food is tasty and inexpensive, and the snow cone cocktails are exceptionally refreshing after a hard day lounging by the pool. Amanda and Kristina have both (separately) made the trip out to the desert to scope out the scene and we’ve made an executive decision that someone needs to get married here. Soon.
(Ice cream cart, sugar bowl and van photos from flickr)
On top of all the hipster glory that comes standard with your room rate, it’s pretty much set up for a party due to the following:
1. Photobooth in the lobby (just set your guest book table up next to it, right?)
2. The Amigo Room, a vintage roadhouse dive bar complete with inventive cocktails, mexican bank note coated tables, and a real stuffed bear behind the bar. (amazing rehearsal dinner venue)
3. Free bike rentals to be used for the touring of Palm Springs
4. Outdoor fireplace lounges for congregating over cocktails when the sun goes down.
5. A holistic spa with outdoor Yurt treatment rooms
6. And of course Commune, their huge event space that opens onto a pool and patio. Which is where the weddin’ would be.
It’s so great. And the best part is that entire concept is so well designed, you wouldn’t have to do much else in terms of decor for the wedding.
Some Ace-appropriate paper inspiration for your invites, your rock and roll save-the-date posters, and other miscellany:
And our friends at Hammerpress sent over some amazing new invites they’ve been working on for the upcoming wedding season. We’re thinking their stylings would be perfect for a wedding at the Ace:
oooooooooh. They are so good. More from Hammerpress coming up. They’ve sent a bounty of pretty paper to be shared with you dearest readers.