Hello Cakies! Jillian here, sharing one of my favorite resorts in Southern California just in time for the weekend. While some of you may have already booked all of your summer holiday travel, some may need a few last minute recs. Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa is tucked away on 45 acres of lush gardens and olive groves, so this Mediterranean-inspired, all-suite property near Del Mar, California is the perfect weekend getaway. Below are my top 10 reasons you must visit Rancho Valencia this summer or anytime of year for a romantic, family, or friend getaway! First up…
1. Fresh oranges! You are greeted every morning with fresh squeezed orange juice. This is the most refreshing way to start your day.
2. Lawn games! There are activities for everyone from Tennis to Bocce Ball. Why not end the day with a sunset cocktail and Bocce?
3. Craft cocktails! You’ll find *the* most delicious hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind signature cocktails at The Pony Room. Choose from a wide selection of locally brewed craft beers and 100 variations of tequila. I love my skinny margarita! The bar also serves one of the area’s most impressive collections of high-end wines.
4. Mediterranean Ambiance! At Rancho, you are treated to a timeless Mediterranean ambiance and a refreshing residential experience. Amid the inviting courtyards and bubbling fountains, the hotel’s 49 authentic hacienda-style suites—lovingly referred to as casitas—are the embodiment of sophistication, pampering you with an artful mix of comfort and privacy.
5. The Spa! Just below these gardens is the adult only spa pool. You can sit poolside, relaxing and reading a book before your luxurious spa treatment. Obviously, the perfect way to get that much needed R&R.
6. Family! Rancho is so perfect for families. My older son took up tennis lessons while my younger son explored to grounds. It was exactly what we needed. It’s so crazy how you can spend so much time together every day, but when you get out and step into a new environment, is when you really get to know each other.
7. The rooms! We had a beautiful suite by the main pool. The patio was equipped with a gas fireplace and dipping pool. While indoors, when I scooted the boys out the door, I could dip into the bath, listen to birds, and read. It was everything!
8. Free bikes! No need to bring your own. They have plenty of bikes to explore the grounds.
9. Beehives! When considering the menu, Rancho’s cuisine is crafted using fresh, seasonal produce, herbs grown right on property and local Temecula honey. You can walk the property and see the honey farm.
10. The lush grounds! There are so many Instagram-worthy moments all over the properties lush surroundings. If you’re having a family vacation, maybe you think about hiring a photographer to take a few family pics. The 100LC gang went a few years ago and got some really fun shots of us playing around on the property.