10 iconic engagement portrait ideas
Morning, friends! Did you catch yesterday’s Catalina Island wedding? Pretty unique, huh? Today we’re all about what leads up to the big day, and one of those moments is the engagement shoot! Seeing all the possibilities for locations, styles, and poses can be really overwhelming, but we’ve definitely noticed a theme when it comes to those most iconic have-to-have shots. Such as… that clifftop shot with the flowing dress. You know the one. Read on for the rest of our fave portraits to capture during your shoot!
3. The getaway car. It’s not just for your wedding day, folks. (Photo by Lauren Mihae)
4. Dancing in the rain. This is such an incredible wedding day shot, but we love it for other wedding moments too! (Photo by Tyler Branch)
5. Frolic in a field. If you’ve always dreamed of being surrounded by flowers, this type of shoot is for you. (by Rue De Seine)
6. Popping the champagne. The reactions are ALWAYS good. (Photo by Cherece Casale)
7. Unexpected nature shots. Every region around the globe has a surprise or two when it comes to natural backdrops. Find those hidden gems! (Photo by Dawn Jarvis)
8. Black tie in the desert. So chic! (See the rest of this session by Heirlume Photography here!)
9. The at-home session. Or in most cases these days, the Airbnb session. Seriously, this entire shoot is stunning!
10. Get the engagement festivities started early with a photographer at the proposal! Romantic, much?
(Photo by Maley Photo)