Every now and then a brilliant idea comes along that you wonder how you got along all this time without. As far as wedding planning goes, wouldn’t it be nice to stumble upon something that allows you to share with friends and family, organize your plans, and gather inspiration? Um, yes! With Riley & Grey you can compile info about your big day in one luxury website to share with the wedding party + guests.
Riley & Grey is all about planning a wedding that reflects you + your s/o’s personal style. It’s not just about a single event, but who you really are. Choose from fresh, beautiful, limited edition designs, grab your own custom domain name and start collecting RSVPs and organizing your wedding in a snap.
All the sites look + function beautifully on desktop, tablet, and mobile with an easy app-like experience that doesn’t even require your guests to download anything. Everyone will have all the info in one place from the registry to accommodations and more. Plus, Riley & Grey’s hands-on customer service team can help any step of the way.
Pretty great design, yes?
Get inspired by the Riley & Grey blog and instagram, where you’ll find modern, unique ideas for the big day + beyond.
Now for the best part… Layer Cake readers get 50% off for the first 100 couples who sign up for a Riley & Grey website! Just use code 100LCAUG at checkout.
Here’s one for all you brides that love the idea of boho, but want to glam it up a bit. Alanna Lock, stylist and blogger at Hey Girl, wanted to create a bohemian-fusion with modern, minimalist elements and tribal details. She teamed up with Love Beth Events + photog Bentinmarcs and together they whipped up this lovely little setup in the Kuitpo Forest of South Australia.
Make that *everybody’s* favorite summer wine, right?! There’s something so lovely and luscious about a glass of peachy rosé on a warm evening, (or over lunch whilst gazing at the Mediterranean Sea). So what if you’re not in the South of France! Your mind-set is totally right there.
So in celebration of this fine beverage, we thought we’d share a few bottles that we’ve had this year that you might like too. Some you can find at your local grocery store for under $10 and some fall into the special occasion category. But what is summer if not one big special occasion?
(You’ll have to forgive our descriptions… we don’t pretend to be wine experts of any sort!)
1. Commanderie de la Bargemone Provence – The lightest in color and crispest in flavor.
2. Domaines Ott – The gold standard for perfect, blushy color and delicious, drinkability. If you’ve never had it, come up with a reason to splurge!
3. Whispering Angel – Another very reliable, readily available option that doesn’t require quite such a generous wine budget. Sometimes it’s even on sale at Whole Foods.
4. Domaine St. Aix – A perennial favorite for it’s classic, bright flavor and color.
5. Domaine de Vaccelli Ajaccio Unu – A stunning rosé from Corsica. Much harder to find, but if you do get a chance to try the wines of this island region, we highly recommend it!
6. Artea Alpes De Haute Provence – Total grocery store find, perfect for weeknight drinking, and available at Whole Foods for $9!
7. Hudson Bellamy – Would you blame us for buying this bottle just for the label? Quite a nasty habit we’ve picked up over the years. The actual wine didn’t disappoint either.
8. 90+ Cellars – Another great weeknight drinker, and generally sold for under $10.
And for another divine idea, try ordering a mixed case of bottles so that you can get to know this beautiful wine from a connoisseur’s perspective. Perfect excuse for a lil’ end of summer party this month. (An everyday selection available here.) Or if you’re in a hurry to pick some up for the weekend, don’t be afraid to pop into your local wine store. A good recommendation makes all the difference.