Wedding planning tips from Alison Events
Because Alison was nice enough to give us one of her pretty new books as part of our DIY contest prize, we thought we’d take a second and share some of her events, her tips, and a little about the girl behind the company.
1. Dress up existing lounges/furniture by throwing linens on them for a splash of color.
2. Have fun with your wedding shoes and pick a sassy color.
3. Take photos in unexpected places.
4. Candle light, candle light, candle light.
5. Arrive by boat. (if you’re near a body of water, of course)
6. Make your own unique, themed table numbers.
7. Let your personalities show in your invite.
And a few things you never would have guessed about Alison:
“I have a 1969 honda cb350 motorcycle. I own 20 pairs of flipflops and sandals. I lived in New Zealand for a year in college. I won 4th place in a border cross snowboard competition in Australia in college. I did an Japanese emersion program for a year in high school where we studied the language, history and culture for a year and then went to Japan for three weeks and lived with a family. I had dreadlocks for two seconds until my grandmother paid me to cut them out. Oh and I am a Daughter of the American Revolution, my ancestor was Govenor Bradford who came over on the Mayflower.”
See, wedding planners are people too!